Please be informed and take advantage of our FREE curbside meal service:
7:00am - 8:30am at the Mitchell Cafeteria
7:00am at the 36th Avenue and Palm Lane Bus Stop
7:15 at Palm Lane Between 38th Drive & 38th Lane Bus Stop
Both breakfast and lunch meals are provided!
Meals are at no charge for enrolled ISD students.
Parents can pick up meals. We need the student's name and ID number.
First Day of School: Monday, August 3, 2020If you have not already please ensure you have picked up your computer at Mitchell before the first day.
Greetings Mitchell Scholars and Families,
My name is Mrs. Carrizoza and I am the proud principal of Mitchell Elementary. I am excited about this new opportunity as we begin the year through distance learning. I hope by now you have made your way to pick up your chromebook and are ready for your first day of our 2020 school year!
Our Open House will be virtual this year. Your teacher should be contacting you with specific information in regards to logging in. For the new scholars welcome you are part of the Mitchell Eagle Family, it is a great place for teaching and learning. To our returning Eagle Scholars remember our 4 Bs, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe, and Be Kind we will continue to follow our 4Bs even through our distance learning.
Parents thank you for your patience and collaboration with your child’s teacher. We know and understand this is a new way of learning and we are thankful for our amazing staff who is here to support you every step of the way.
At Mitchell Elementary School, we foster SUCCESS by having the COURAGE & COMMITMENT to COLLABORATE & COMMUNICATE in order to provide exceptional CUSTOMER SERVICE and, most importantly, CELEBRATE all students, parents, staff and the community.
Exemplary Eagle Expectations
Be Safe, Be Kind, Be Respectful & Be Responsible
As Mitchell Scholars, we are held accountable for our actions. Therefore, we should always practice our 4 B's. Here at Mitchell, we are Exemplary Eagles, and it shows in our daily actions!
Distant Learning Classes ONLINE: Classes Begin August 3, 2020
Aprendizaje por computadora desde el hogar: Clases comienzan el lunes, 3 de agosto del 2020
For more information, please see our superintendant's message regarding the upcoming 2020-2021 school year update.
Para mas informacion, porfavor vea el mensaje de nuestro superintendente sobre actualizaciones del ano escolar 2020-2021.
- Beginning June 1, 2020, the district will require all parents and visitors who enter district buildings to wear a cloth face covering. If you don't have a cloth face covering, you may contact us via phone or email; utilize the district’s “Let’s Talk” application; or you may also return utilizing a cloth face covering. Thank you for your cooperation.
- A partir del 1 de junio de 2020, el distrito requerirá que todos los padres y visitantes que ingresen a los edificios del distrito usen una cubierta de tela para la cara. Si no tiene una cara cubierta de tela, puede contactarnos por teléfono o correo electrónico; utilizar la aplicación "Hablemos" del distrito; o también puede regresar utilizando una cubierta de tela para la cara. Gracias por su cooperación.
Beginning August 3, 2020 Breakfast and Lunch will be available between 7:00am-8:30am Monday through Friday via curbside pick up.
English: Beginning August 3rd, the Mitchell cafeteria of your will provide school breakfast and lunch meals at curbside pick-up and on bus routes. Monday-Friday 7:00am-8:30am
Meals are for Mitchell enrolled students only
Español: A partir del 3 de agosto, la cafetería de la escuela de Mitchell proporcionará desayunos y almuerzos escolares en la recogida en la acera y en las rutas de los autobuses. Lunes a viernes de 7:00 a.m. a 8:30 a.m.
Las comidas son solo para estudiantes inscritos en Mitchell
Kindergarten 2020-2021 Enrollments
We invite all future Mitchell School families. In Kindergarten, we strive to motivate, inspire, encourage and build a strong foundation for lifelong learning by providing a safe, secure and loving environment. Please feel free to stop by our front office to ask questions and pick up enrollment papers. Enrollments are still happening! *Students must be 5 years before September 1, 2020.*
- Mitchell Office: (602) 442-2600
- Fax: (602) 442-2699
- Attendance Line: (602) 455-6996
- Please call/inform the school if your child is going to be absent and the reason for the absence.
Now enrolling Kinder Students for 2020-2021Please stop by our office from 9am-1pm for additional information.Looking forward to meeting our new Eagle Scholars!
Ya estamos inscribiendo a estudiantes de Kinder para el año escolar 2020-2021Porfavor de pasar por nuestra oficina de 9am a 1pm para mas informaccion.Esperamos poder conocer a nuestros nuevos alumnos!
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the District Spelling Bee! It was a true honor to host the spelling bee at our school this year. Thank you to everyone who showed up and supported each student.
Our two Mitchell scholars did a fantastic job and ranked in the top three!
Dr. Jimenez shown below with our Mitchell 1st place winner, Carlos Castillo from 5th grade.
Ms. Pieri (top left), Principal, Ms. Carrizoza (top right). 1st place winner, Carlos Castillo (5th grade) and 3rd place winner, Libni Alvarez (4th grade).
Congratulations to our Mitchell scholar, Carlos & Libni!! We are very proud of your hard work! :)
Degrees and Certifications:
Important Steps to Follow to Ensure your Student's Safety:
1. Establish consistent procedures for your child each day after school.
2. Adhere to the routine that is familiar to the child.
3. If you must change the way your child goes home, whom your child will be going home with, or where your child will be going after school, WE REQUIRE WRITTEN NOTIFICATION TO THE TEACHER THE MORNING THAT THE CHANGE IS MADE.
If you pick up your child by car each afternoon, please exercise patience and caution in the busy parking lot. Thank you!
KG - 5th Grade Drop-off Morning Procedures
- Parents will enter through the east side entrance to the parking lot.
- Vehicles are to stay in the right lane and wait to pull up to the drop-off area.
- Students are to remain in their vehicles and get off closest to the curb.
- All parents should pull up all the way up to the second crosswalk (south crosswalk). This will help with movement.
- The second lane will be blocked to ensure students are safe when getting out of their vehicle.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work on maintaining a safe environment for everyone. Please refer to the pdf provided below to see more details. Thank you!
Mitchell Bus Stops
Mitchell Elementary only has two bus stops on Palm lane. Please refer to our pdf document below for further details.
• 36th Avenue & Palm Lane:
- AM: 6:50am
- PM: 2:55pm
- Early Release: 1:05pm
- Half Day: 11:55am
•Pam Lane between 38th Drive & 38th Lane:
- AM: 6:55am
- PM: 2:50pm
- Early Release: 1:00pm
- Half Day: 11:50am