Continuing educational opportunities for students during school closure is important to us. Below you will find some suggested resources and activities to do at-home with your child. Some of the resources are online and require access to a computer, tablet or smartphone with access to the internet. The list also includes activities that do not require a computer. If you would like printed resources, you may pick up printed work packets at your child’s school.
Children benefit from established routines for learning. Setting up a dedicated time and space at home for school work can help students focus and learn more effectively. The activities listed below can provide your child a continued routine for school-work. As it is the case in school, remember that including time for breaks, lunch and recess is also important.
Teachers have also provided additional educational opportunities for students. We encourage you and your child to access these materials through Clever (instructions for how to access are provided below). If you need printed materials, please contact your child’s teacher.
Go to: clever.com/in/isaaceld5
Click: Log in with google
Username: Student lunch firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
Click here to download a visual guide to help with registering.
Go to: secondstep.org
- Go to secondstep.org to create your family account. (You will need an email & create a password)
- Once your account is created, please enter PAK (Activation) Code. Each grade level has its own code.
- Once you have entered the PAK/Activation code, select “My Dashboard” Tab. (Near top left of page)
- From “My Dashboard”, please select correct grade. (K-8)
- Next, please select “Streaming Lesson Media”, then “Go to Lessons Menu” links.
- Select Lesson Number and the “Begin” button, to start lesson.
- For lesson worksheets: from “Streaming Lesson Media”, select “Downloads”, then “Lesson Materials”.
Grade-level PAK (Activation) code Grade PAK Early Learning SSPE FAMI LY68 Kindergarten SSPK FAMI LY70 Grade 1 SSP1 FAMI LY71 Grade 2 SSP2 FAMI LY72 Grade 3 SSP3 FAMI LY73 Grade 4 SSP4 FAMI LY74 Grade 5 SSP5 FAMI LY75 Grade 6 SSP6 FAMI LY12 Grade 7 SSP7 FAMI LY23 Grade 8 SSP8 FAMI LY34
Resources for all grade levels
Resources for all grade levels
Fun Brain - Math and Reading videos and games
Second Step - Social Emotional Lessons
Digital Children’s Library - English and Spanish Books
Virtual Field Trips
Kenya—African River Wildlife (elephants, zebras, giraffes, and other animals)
Kenya—African River Wildlife 2 (monkeys, baboons, and other animals)
Kenya—African Wildlife (lions, giraffes, zebras, and other animals)
Kenya—Watering Hole (elephants, hippos, and other animals)
Manitoba, Canada—Tundra Buggy Lodge View (polar bears)
Manitoba, Canada—Tundra Buggy View (polar bears)
Manitoba, Canada—Wapusk National Park 1 (polar bears)
At Home Activities
- Learn and practice a language - Duolingo
- Learn and practice Coding - Code.org and Scratch
- Write/tell stories
- Listen to a Podcast
- Go for a walk or jog
- Fly a kite
- Follow a recipe, and cook a meal
- Play a game (20 Questions, I Spy, Mother May I...)
- Create a game
- Paint or Draw (Art lessons, Art activities)
- Do some yoga
- Interview a friend or family member
- Do a puzzle
- Choreograph a dance
- Write and sing a song
- Help out around the house
- Play a musical instrument
- Practice typing
- Play a board game
- Invent an activity
- Be Active at home
- Do a play experiment
- Create a scrapbook
- Try a new craft
- Make a family video
- Play dress-up
- Read something you wouldn’t normally read
- Plant some seeds
- Ride a bike
- Play with your pet
- Explore the almanac
- Read your pet a story
- Write a poem
- Make a time capsule
- Observe nature and ask questions