In order to successfully complete the application process, you will need the following items:
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
- AZ Teaching Certificate (see below for additional information)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 professional references with contact information
- Cover Letter
Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education
- Bachelor of Art Degree
- AZ Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Proof of citizenship or proof of ability to work in U.S.
Reciprocal (Out-of-State) Certification
- A valid, comparable out-of-state teaching certificate from any other state in the U.S.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Proof of citizenship or proof of ability to work in the United States
AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
All teachers in the state of Arizona must obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance card. Contact the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS)at (602) 223-2279 to request an IVP Fingerprint Card Packet and get additional information.
Teaching Intern Certificate
- Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Official Transcripts documenting a Bachelor’s or more advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- “Letter of intent to hire” indicating grade-level and content assignment
- Letter from the institution of higher education indicating candidate is enrolled and assigned a supervisor
- 3 semester hours or 45 clock hours of SEI (Structured English Immersion)