At Mitchell Elementary School, we foster SUCCESS by having the COURAGE & COMMITMENT to COLLABORATE & COMMUNICATE in order to provide exceptional CUSTOMER SERVICE and, most importantly, CELEBRATE all students, parents, staff and the community.
Exemplary Eagle Expectations
Be Safe, Be Kind, Be Respectful & Be Responsible
As Mitchell Scholars, we are held accountable for our actions. Therefore, we should always practice our 4 B's. Here at Mitchell, we are Exemplary Eagles, and it shows in our daily actions!
School Closures Information
- Due to school closures, our Mitchell office will be open from 9am-1pm from Monday through Friday.
- Beginning June 1, 2020, the district will require all parents and visitors who enter district buildings to wear a cloth face covering. If you don't have a cloth face covering, you may contact us via phone or email; utilize the district’s “Let’s Talk” application; or you may also return utilizing a cloth face covering. Thank you for your cooperation.
- A partir del 1 de junio de 2020, el distrito requerirá que todos los padres y visitantes que ingresen a los edificios del distrito usen una cubierta de tela para la cara. Si no tiene una cara cubierta de tela, puede contactarnos por teléfono o correo electrónico; utilizar la aplicación "Hablemos" del distrito; o también puede regresar utilizando una cubierta de tela para la cara. Gracias por su cooperación.
Breakfast and lunch will be available to be served at all of our school sites during the school closure. Breakfast and lunch will be offered between 11:30am-1:00pm Monday through Friday.
Changes to Summer Meal Services
The following changes will be applied for the summer schedule beginning May 26, 2020.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 26th, only the following schools will be serving meals from 8:00am-10:00am.
- Pueblo Del Sol, P.T.Coe, Esperanza, Zito & Morris K. Udall
Locations for bus stops will remain the same but times will change. The routes will run from 8:30am-10:00am. For a detailed bus schedule please visit. www.isaacschools.org/updates
Kindergarten 2020-2021 Enrollments
We invite all future Mitchell School families. In Kindergarten, we strive to motivate, inspire, encourage and build a strong foundation for lifelong learning by providing a safe, secure and loving environment. Please feel free to stop by our front office to ask questions and pick up enrollment papers. Enrollments are still happening! *Students must be 5 years before September 1, 2020.*
Extended Learning Program - Summer 2020
- Register today for one or both sessions!
● Session A: June 1 - 26
● Session B: June 29 - July 24
- ¡Regístrese hoy para una o ambas sesiones!
● Sesión A: 1 al 26 de junio
● Sesión B: 29 de junio - 24 de julio
- Mitchell Extended Learning Summer 2020 Flyer - Spa/Eng
- Summer Extended Learning - Spa/Eng Registration Form
- Link to Register online directly for our Summer Extended Learning Program - Sitio web para directamente registrar sus hijos para el Programa de Aprendizaje Extendido durante el Verano: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0iegAi3ZN_0VoezBT2fHYBT3djKiGzezi1jyi1QSlA7PmCg/viewform
Now Enrolling New Students
- Register today for one or both sessions!
- Mitchell Office: (602) 442-2600
- Fax: (602) 442-2699
- Attendance Line: (602) 455-6996
- Please call/inform the school if your child is going to be absent and the reason for the absence.
Now enrolling Kinder Students for 2020-2021Please stop by our office from 9am-1pm for additional information.Looking forward to meeting our new Eagle Scholars!
Ya estamos inscribiendo a estudiantes de Kinder para el año escolar 2020-2021Porfavor de pasar por nuestra oficina de 9am a 1pm para mas informaccion.Esperamos poder conocer a nuestros nuevos alumnos!
May 4th - May 8th:
Happy Teachers Appreciation Week!
We are thankful & grateful for all the wonderful teachers in our school and throughout the world. You truly make a difference in the lives of our kids. On behalf of our Mitchell family, we thank you for all that you do!
Mitchell Father-Daughter Dance: Feb. 19, 2020
Thank you to all the guardians and parents who participated and joined their daughters for the father-daughter dance! We enjoyed seeing everyone dancing and having a good time!
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the District Spelling Bee! It was a true honor to host the spelling bee at our school this year. Thank you to everyone who showed up and supported each student.
Our two Mitchell scholars did a fantastic job and ranked in the top three!
Dr. Jimenez shown below with our Mitchell 1st place winner, Carlos Castillo from 5th grade.
Ms. Pieri (top left), Principal, Ms. Carrizoza (top right). 1st place winner, Carlos Castillo (5th grade) and 3rd place winner, Libni Alvarez (4th grade).
Congratulations to our Mitchell scholar, Carlos & Libni!! We are very proud of your hard work! :)
Degrees and Certifications:
Important Steps to Follow to Ensure your Student's Safety:
1. Establish consistent procedures for your child each day after school.
2. Adhere to the routine that is familiar to the child.
3. If you must change the way your child goes home, whom your child will be going home with, or where your child will be going after school, WE REQUIRE WRITTEN NOTIFICATION TO THE TEACHER THE MORNING THAT THE CHANGE IS MADE.
If you pick up your child by car each afternoon, please exercise patience and caution in the busy parking lot. Thank you!
KG - 5th Grade Drop-off Morning Procedures
- Parents will enter through the east side entrance to the parking lot.
- Vehicles are to stay in the right lane and wait to pull up to the drop-off area.
- Students are to remain in their vehicles and get off closest to the curb.
- All parents should pull up all the way up to the second crosswalk (south crosswalk). This will help with movement.
- The second lane will be blocked to ensure students are safe when getting out of their vehicle.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work on maintaining a safe environment for everyone. Please refer to the pdf provided below to see more details. Thank you!
Mitchell Bus Stops
Mitchell Elementary only has two bus stops on Palm lane. Please refer to our pdf document below for further details.
• 36th Avenue & Palm Lane:
- AM: 6:50am
- PM: 2:55pm
- Early Release: 1:05pm
- Half Day: 11:55am
•Pam Lane between 38th Drive & 38th Lane:
- AM: 6:55am
- PM: 2:50pm
- Early Release: 1:00pm
- Half Day: 11:50am