Esperanza school, parents and community members will work collaboratively to ensure the academic and personal success of all students.
New Pick Up Procedure
Effective Monday, October 16, 2017
Parents who pick up their Children by car please read:
As our school population continues to grow, and our traffic congestion continues to see more students being driven to and from school, a safer, more optimal pick-up procedure has been put in place.
Please help us keep you an your child safe by adhering to the following:
- Remember not to exceed 15 mph in the school zone. Stay alert for pedestrians.
- Begining Monday, October 16 pick up your child at the south parking lot. This applies to Kindergarten and 1st Grade, you no longer need to pick up your child in the classroom.
- Staff will be posted at Culver waving you on to the next left which is Belleview and approach the school using 30th Drive.(See map below)
- Watch for staff wearing bright vests, as they will be calling your children and directing traffic.
Welcome to Esperanza Elementary School
The staff at Esperanza Elementary School welcomes you and your family to the 2017-2018 School Year. We are committed to doing all we can to make this school year a successful experience for every child. We firmly believe that a home/school partnership is necessary for the success of all of our students. Learning is not an easy process! It involves sharing ideas, making mistakes, and attempting new experiences. Learning involves hard work by everyone, the teacher, the parent, the principal, but most importantly the student.
At Esperanza, we value and challenge each student and provide opportunities for success. Instruction is based on the Arizona State Standards. We also focus on equipping our students with skills to be collaborative workers, self-directed learners, participants in society, information processors, effective communicators, and complex thinkers. Our students' success is the center of all we do.
Research and experience shows us that a parent's/guardian's involvement in a child's education is directly related to his/her success in school. To maximize your child's success, emphasize the importance of education through the following:
- Ensure that your child is at school every day, on time.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and school events.
- Monitor your child's homework daily.
- Expect and support positive behavior at school.
- Read with your child or encourage your child to read daily.
In addition, there are numerous volunteer opportunities in which we welcome you to become involved. Volunteers make a tremendous positive impact and enrich our educational program. Please stop by the front office and ask for more information regarding volunteering at Esperanza. Please consider supporting our school in this way. I look forward to partnering with you to make this an exciting and successful year for our students. Thank you in advance for your support and commitment. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (602) 442-2800.
Dr. Kristen Robertson
Click here for more information.